The POEM group, in collaboration with St. Jude Global, is pleased to invite you to register for the following virtual workshop in research methodologies with a focus on quality improvement studies:
Advanced Research Methods: Critical Analysis of Biomedical Literature and Application of Quality Improvement Methodology in Health Care.
Dates: November 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2021 (GMT 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM)
- Pediatric oncologists or subspecialists involved in childhood cancer
- Nursing specialists interested in clinical research
- Research assistants, fellow, or associates
- At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand key concepts of quality improvement research
- Critically review the medical literature and the elements of for good scientific writing and publishing
- Commitment to attend and actively participate in all 4 half-days of the workshop, as the topics are sequential and small group sessions will be formed necessitating active participation of all attendees
- Submission of a one-page concept proposal will be required after registration and prior to start of the workshop; details will follow by email after registration
- Small group breakout sessions
- Interactive sessions with workshop faculty
This 4-day workshop includes the following:
- Quality improvement basics as theoretical sessions: models used, core elements, typical projects, basic charts, available tools
- Discussion of examples of methods in QI studies (practical exercises)
- Basics of writing and critically analyzing medical literature
- Discussion of proposals & QI projects (exercises in critical analysis)
Places are limited to a total of 40 participants.
Deadline for application for registration is September 30, 2021.
Preference will be given to early- and mid-career researchers from the POEM region.