Training Information & requirements
This application is for grant approval only. Acceptance in the training program is to be approved by the training center in which you are willing to train. Grant application must be submitted at least 4 months before start of training
How to Apply for a grant
Submit an online application and additional supplemental materials, including:
1. An official acceptance letter in the training program or date of expected acceptance letter if it is in process
2. A curriculum vitae (CV) describing in detail your academic background, including degrees, work experience
3. A letter of intent specifying your reasons for interest in the specific training opportunity. This should include information regarding:
a. your current job role and title
b. the specific training for which the grant is requested
c. the value expected from the added training
d. future plans after completing the planned training
e. the expected impact of the planned training on your personal career as well as on cancer care in your country of residence or origin
4. Letter of support (recommendation letter) from the head of department or supervisor (in the home country), specifying the specific value expected to be gained from the training, and its expected impact on the applicant’s organization and home country.
All material must be submitted directly via the online application system.
Applications that are incomplete or missing supporting documents will not be considered.
Grants' options and details
POEM group provides grants for accepted applicants in the below programs:
- Short-term observership (3 to 6 weeks)
- Short-term training (6 weeks to 6 months). Note: a strong justification detailing the reason and need for this training is required. In addition to that, the trainee must be involved with on-hand work and not only observership.
- Long-term training (fellowship).
The grant includes the flight ticket and housing cost only. It does not cover the living expenses or any other type of expenses.
The applicant should be:
- A current active POEM member
- Practicing a job related to the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Willing to go back to his/her home country after finishing his/her observership/training. Note: For long-term (fellowship) applicants, they must be willing to serve the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology services in their home country for at least three years after successful completion of the training so that they can the help pediatric oncology community in fostering the expertise and skills, and in the improvement in standard of care, and hence contribute in capacity building.
POEM group provides grants for applicants applying to the below training centers:
- Children Cancer Hospital of Egypt (CCHE) 57357 - Egypt
- Children’s Cancer Institute (CCI) at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC) - Lebanon
- King Hussein Cancer Center (KHCC) - JORDAN
Further details are available on the training sites page.